Saturday, February 20, 2010

Binz's Koreans Favored In Short Track

7:51 & 8:05 PM - Short Track Speed Skating
John Binz's Fantasy Winter Olympic leading Da Nang Dynamos could get two gold medals tonight with South Korean short track speed skating.

The women's 1500 meter final will be at 7:51 PST. My pick to win gold is John Binz with South Korea's Eun Byul Lee. A couple of other South Koreans, Ha-Ri Cho and Min Jung Kim, should make the finals. We know what that can cause. I'm not going to pick more than one South Korean again, as Binz has clearly failed to teach his skaters the concept of teamwork.

Lin Lin Sun of China (Ellis Kunka/Cornballers), as per Wikipedia, "is a fictional character in the Marvel Universe." I'm still picking her for silver. And I'm picking the American Katherine Reutter (Brittany B./Buck-Toothed Rabbit Bitches) of Champaign, Illinois, for bronze. She trained at the Olympic Training Center in Marquette, Michigan, which is my favorite Olympic training center in the Upper Peninsula.
In the men's 1000 meter final, which the organizers claim will start 14 minutes after the women, the favorites are Ho-Suk Lee and Jung-Su Lee of Korea. I'm saying one wins the gold and the other wipes out.

American Apolo Ohno will definitely be in the running and is my choice for silver. I feel like with the name Apolo Ohno, short track skating was basically the least weird thing he could do with his life. Despite being rejected for an amazing number of jobs, I personally have never had a job interview where the boss's name was Apolo.

Charles Hamelin of Canada (Dave Spence/Paragons) is my pick for bronze. If you've noticed that I simply predicted the same thing would happen as the last time I watched men's short track, that's because I don't know anything about this sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment